It might not be apparent to the untrained eye, but we are all witnessing history this NBA season. No less than seven current NBA players are on the verge of some pretty lofty historical accomplishments this NBA campaign. Who are these players and what are they about to accomplish (and why is Andre Miller amongst them)? Read on.
All stats updated after Dec 27th games.
– 39 games away from top 10 in games played in NBA history (if he plays in all games this season he’ll move ahead of Moses Malone and into ninth place all-time).
– 1119 minutes played away from passing Wilt Chamberlain into fourth place all-time in minutes played in NBA history.
– 36 steals away from passing Michael Jordan for second place on the all-time NBA steals list.
– 1720 minutes played away from passing Robert Parish for tenth place all-time in minutes played in NBA history.
– 232 defensive rebounds away from second all-time in NBA defensive rebounds.
– 223 field goals made away from tenth place all-time in field goals made in NBA history (pulling ahead of Dominique Wilkins).
– 113 free throws made before passing Jerry West for fifth place on the all-time NBA free throws made list (if he makes 280 free throws this year he will pass Michael Jordan and pull into fourth place).
– 646 points away from passing Shaquille O’Neal for fifth place all-time in NBA career scoring.
– 56 defensive rebounds away from pulling into seventh place all-time in defensive rebounds in NBA history.
– 623 assists away from fifth place all-time in NBA assists.